Tuesday, November 13, 2007

thoughts: plans

Feeling: still happy
Playing: still power 98

Everyone has plans, rather, most people plan.

Plans to further their studies
Plans to have a better future
Plans to buy some particular item
Plans to go out for a nice dinner
Plans to get married
Plans to go for a holiday
Plans to win that girl’s/guy’s heart
Plans to get more pocket money from your parents
Plans to buy your dream car/house/mobile phone/designer bag/blah blah blah

Plans, plans, plans, plans.

How many plans have you carried out so far?
How many plans were successful?

Has it ever occurred to you that after some much planning, you start to feel dejected because some plans you have planned for, are not going according to plan?
Then in turn, you become depressed, because you start to blame yourself for not achieving what you have planned.
And so, you start another plan; a plan to make yourself feel better. Ah huh! The cycle continues.

Life is all about planning. I remember a famous quote “No one plans to fail, but most fail to plan.” Or something like that, along those lines.

I have always been a planner, maybe even before I knew what a plan means, I already started planning.

‘Plan’, what we may also refer to as a dream, a hope, the future.

How many a times when you planned and the plan failed, or it didn’t quite go accordingly to what you want it to turn out to be?

I used to freak out, get angry, go crazy, throw a temper, or rather, in the not so nice way of putting it, I can’t accept the rejection/ failure. After all, I am (I was?) a perfectionist. I have this determination (read: stubbornness) to make sure things are done according to my way, otherwise, I will flip.

Failure, after failure, rejections, after rejections… Ah… Now, I would like to see them as part of my plans. If it’s not because of those failed plans, I won’t quite know that the plan isn’t working. Therefore, those failed plans are part and parcel of having my greater plan work out to be picture perfect, just like how photo-shop can work wonders.

So, what is my plan? My plan now is to study for my exam. My short-term plan, a very short-term plan since my papers start tomorrow at 3.30pm and it goes all the way till Thursday’s 11am. Three papers, in less than 24hours. Tell me, I am pretty screwed since I am still not quite getting serious with my books.

Then again, what my classmate always tell me, “You always know, it’s what you do. So why bother studying?”

Duh! If only I don’t always have to get the answers right in an exam, I don’t mind not studying and giving my own opinions of how it should be done according to the market reactions.

Someone once told me, “It is not the correct answers you give but the process of what you go through and the knowledge you gain from studying. So, ENJOY!”

Hm. I should start enjoying the process now.

Tuu-daa-doo… Taaaaa...


P.S.: why do I have so much to say whenever I am studying? So many other things comes into mind... duhhh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home