updating finally
Feeling: calmPlaying: power 98
Happy Blessed Healthy Peaceful Lunar New Year to One and All!!!
I know my blog is lacking in substances the past one week because I was being lazy and lazy.
So… How your Chinese New Year went so far? I hope you collected enough ang paos to give you enough blessings and luck for the whole golden boar year.
Mine went pretty well with it starting on Friday evening. I had reunion dinner with my maternal family but I have to say times have changed; dinners were no longer the same as before. Oh well, got to move on.
And on Saturday, I spent the whole day catching up on CSI (Las Vegas) Season 7 and had two reunion dinners. One was with my family and the other with Kris’ family.
Then came Sunday, the first day of the lunar new year. It started off with church, then to Kris’ granny’s place to pay our respects and ended at my grandparents’ place. At both sides, we played a little game of black jack and we won enough money to cover our movie date for Monday evening.

FYI, every bet was less than $0.50. :D
This year, it was a little different from the past twenty one years that I had. On the second day of CNY, I had to wake up at 6.30am and send mama to the Budget terminal because she went for a short holiday to Bangkok with my third auntie and my cousins.
After dropping her off, Kris and I went to ECP to have breakfast. :)

Rather usual for my daily routine.
And the rest of the days were a bore with me watching more CSI and Desperate Housewives and TV programs.
The only interesting thing I did yesterday was going to Holland V to try the “Holland Village Katong Laksa” which wasn’t very nice and did a little marketing at Cold Storage.
After that, I came home to cook dinner. It was terrible. I should have bought pork instead of chicken and boiled the soup separately from the macaronis.
Another fascinating thing I did, I went for afternoon Ash Wednesday Mass just now at SMOTA. I almost forgot that it was a day of abstinence and fasting. Gosh! I sinned because I ate ham and bread for breakfast when I was supposed to stay away from meat. Anyway, eating to me is just to keep my stomach from giving me more problems. So I should actually be abstaining and fasting from something else. I can’t think of what yet, except watching TV and waking up early.
Hm… Maybe that’s what I should do for the next forty days. Why? It’s a period of Lent in the Catholic calendar. Jesus suffered in the desert for forty days and I forgot what happened. Yes, I am ashamed. Anyway, I know this is a time for me to give up and take up something that will help me in life and make me a better person.
Right now, I can feel myself drifting in and out of the depress state and I want to change that!
And I have this very bad habit of canceling all my original plans if I feel down. I wish I could change that. And life will be better.
By the way, I am supposed to study for my accounting exam and I am so dead because I have yet to start on anything. I have moved from my room to the kitchen to study so that I get less distracted but Pearl got to me when I carried her here. Argh… I got to login to curtin and start reading notes.
For the time being, cheerio…
P.S.: It’s weird how I like studying in food-related places. My room is very well equipped but I rather sit on the hard wooden chair in my kitchen and study. I am weird and homely. I love being at home. Give me another week of doing nothing please!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home